Are you looking to expand your cooking at home skills? Novotel Sunshine Coast Resort's Executive Chef Murray Paterson is sharing his favourite scone recipe for you to try at home!
A staple for morning or afternoon tea, give his 'Lemonde Scones' a go, and share your results with us on social media. Tag #NovotelSunshineCoast and @novotelsunshinecoast so we can share your creation with the community!
Lemonde Scones Recipe
• ½ cup thickened cream
• ½ cup lemonade ( I recommend Schweppes brand - there’s more bubbles!)
• Pinch of salt
• 2 cups self raising flour
• ¼ cup caster sugar
• 3 tbs milk for brushing
• Preheat oven to 200 c (fan forced) lightly flour a 20cm baking tray or tin.
• Put the lemonade and cream into a bowl, add the salt and sugar then mix to combine the ingredients.
• Sift the flour into bowl then fold it all in with a spatula or wooden spoon until all combined (mix should become quite sticky)
• Tip the mix out onto a lightly floured board, dust some flour on your fingers and hands then press the mix down to an ever layer of about 3cm (don’t play with it too much).
• Use either a cup or cutter aprox 6cm wide to cut out the scones, starting from the middle and work your way out.
• Place onto the floured tray and lightly press up against each other as this helps them to rise.
• Any leftover dough combine and make a few extra scones with it.
• Brush the top of the scones with the milk and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until golden on top.
• Serve with your choice of toppings (jam & cream is a classic!).
Stay in touch and connected to all the news and happenings